Getting to the event
By car: La Malbaie is roughly a 2 hour drive from Québec City and 4.5 hours from Montréal (map). Mont Grand-Fonds is about 15 minutes from downtown La Malbaie.
It is possible to travel by public transportation (bus, carpool, train) to get to Ultra-Trail Harricana™ of Canada. However, if you wish to visit the region, having access to a car is essential for getting around. Canada remains a vast country where tourist attractions, cities and towns are relatively far apart.
From overseas/long distances, by plane:
Quebec has two international airports:
- Québec City: Aéroport international Jean-Lesage de Québec
- Montréal: Aéroport international Pierre-Elliott-Trudeau de Montréal
- Amigo Express (site in French only) lists the drivers going to the area so you can organize transportation with them to the event.
- You can also post your transportation need on this Facebook page.
TRANSPORTATION DURING THE EVENT
Once you’ve arrived in La Malbaie, UTHC provides two free shuttle services to help participants, volunteers and spectators get around.
- Shuttles for athletes to race starting lines. Participants will receive the shuttle schedule with a link to the form where they must select their choice of shuttles. The buses leave from five different locations.
- Public shuttles running all day between La Malbaie city center, Clermont, the Chutes Fraser campground and Mont Grand-Fonds (the main site of the event). Free; no reservation required. Consult the Schedule for details.
PARKING AT MONT GRAND-FONDS
Free parking is available at Mont Grand-Fonds. Note that sleeping in the parking lot or taking up more than one parking space (e.g. with a recreational vehicle) is not permitted. Please stay in the nearby Chutes Fraser campground (just 15 minutes away).
LODGING AND TOURIST ATTRACTIONS
Looking for somewhere to stay? Check out the Discover Charlevoix page on our website for our partners’ suggestions. Tip: If you don’t have your own car, we suggest you find lodging close to the shuttle departure sites (the church in La Malbaie or the Chutes Fraser campground).
Looking forward to seeing you in September!