Welcome program for star athletes
Ultra-Trail Harricana™ of Canada is pleased to announce its welcome program for star athletes who wish to participate in the event.
The program has two categories:
1- Free registration for elite runners:
An unlimited number of athletes can register to the event free of charge if their ITRA points are above the minimum noted below at the time of registration and for the same Trail Category : XXL, XL, L, M, S, XS):
- Men: 750
- Women: 625
*Athletes must register before July 15 to benefit from this offer.
In addition, all winners of past UTHC races can also request free registration for the same distance.
2- Registration and accommodation for headliners:
In addition to receiving free registration, 14 headlining athletes (influencers) will be offered a maximum of three nights of accommodation (double occupancy) OR can request the fixed rate of $150CAN (total) to cover their accommodation.
Selection will be based on the following criteria:
- Your interaction with and outreach to others (as a blogger, through social implication, etc.), and
- Your performance (ITRA score, wins/positioning)
- The distance that you want to race, your country of origin, etc.
At least seven spaces are reserved for athletes from outside Quebec and from overseas.
Interested athletes should apply to the program before June 30.
Successful applicants will be announced every month. Applications will remain admissible throughout the candidacy period. The earlier you submit your application, the better your chances are of being selected by the jury.
The jury will be made up of race organizers, as well as elite athletes who have participated in the event.
All athletes in the elite or accommodation program will also receive:
- Promotion/Visibility on all UTHC communication platforms (website, newsletters, program, etc.)
- The opportunity to participate in an organized tourist program outside of the event free of charge (e.g. whale watching, etc.)
- In return for their participation in the program, the selected athletes agree to attend the press conference on Thursday night and/or for the Shakeout Run in Quebec city.
SUBMITTING AN APPLICATION
To submit one’s candidacy, athletes are invited to fill out the following form:
Good luck to all!