- Will participate in Trail 20 km Race details
- Sex : Woman
- Country : Canada
The pandemic was pivotal in Mélodie Gilbert’s transition to trail running. When it hit, she was competing in track and cross-country with her university team, the Sherbrooke “Vert et Or.” She really loved the ambiance of the trail running world, which was different from anything she’d experienced before. She caught herself ignoring her watch and pace and just enjoying the present moment. It was true love!
The 29-year-old from Sherbrooke hit hard from the start in 2021, winning the four races she competed in that year: the Gaspesia 100 24 km, the QMT 25 km, the UTHC 28 km and the Bromont Ultra 25 km.
A few weeks ago, Mélodie flew to Austria with the Canadian delegation to participate in the World Mountain and Trail Running Championships. She will be back at the UTHC in September to confirm her status as the 28-km champion.
- 2023 Canyon Endurance Runs by UTMB 50 km: 8th
- 2022 Whistler Alpine Meadows 50 km: 3rd
- 2022 UTCC – Le demi marathon des altitudes: 1st
- 2022 QMT 50 km: 3rd
- 2021 Bromont Ultra 25 km: 1st
- 2021 UTHC 28 km: 1st
- 2021 QMT 25 km: 1st
- 2021 Gaspesia 100 24 km: 1st